It’s an amazing local charity, helping farmers as well as low-income families. But obviously, these days, the need is greater.
The Army of Dorkness (ie: YOU!) has become hugely important to this campaign, raising more than $175,000 over the past eleven years! You all are beings of LIGHT and HAPPINESS! And this year, there’s a chance we could break the $200,000 mark!
Just imagine the difference this will make in people’s lives.
ALL PLEDGES ARE TAX-DEDUCTIBLE CHARITABLE CONTRIBUTIONS.
We’ll be trying hard to get the majority of the goodies out to you by Thanksgiving.
Aside from making me cycle a very long distance (possibly with a duck on my head), here’s what you’ll, in return.
PLEDGE LEVELS AND REWARDS:
1) EACH and EVERY pledge will get a pdf of the limericks Neil Gaiman, Patrick Rothfuss and Gail Simone created for the ride, illustrated by me. PLUS, a pdf copy of both charity coloring books (with a third on the way). Seriously, every little bit helps.
2) $35 PLEDGE LEVEL: the signed 2023 MUNCHKIN CHARITY POSTCARD! Created exclusively for donors of this ride, this will let you start one game of Munchkin at Level 3, as well as the PDF limericks and coloring books (along with any stretch-goal goodies).
3) $75 PLEDGE LEVEL: all of the above, plus a unique-to-this-ride ARMY OF DORKNESS Sergeant button (along with any stretch-goal goodies)! Here’s last year’s button:
4) $150 PLEDGE LEVEL: you get this year’s postcard, the Sergeant button, plus all ten previous Charity postcards! (These are running low, so this is probably the last year this can be offered) along with any stretch-goal goodies. (15 of 15 left)
5) $200 PLEDGE LEVEL: you get this year’s postcard, the Sergeant pin, and a signed THE TAO OF IGOR (along with any stretch-goal goodies). (20 0f 20 left)
6) $300 PLEDGE LEVEL: you get you this year’s postcard, the Sergeant button, and the 2023 Gamehole Con plushie, THE UBER-KEWL GELATINOUS CUBE (which also happens to be a fully functional D6), and a signed copy of THE TAO OF IGOR (along with any stretch-goal goodies). (20 of 20 remaining)
7) $350 PLEDGE LEVEL: you get this year’s postcard, the Sergeant button, and an ORIGINAL PIECE OF MUNCHKIN CARD ART. This is the only way you can get original Munchkin card art – I never sell it. I’ll choose my favorite pieces to send to ride backers. This year, the card art will be from a major new classic Munchkin release that has yet to be announced by Steve Jackson Games – it’s probably my favorite Munchin art in several years. You also get the button, a signed copy of THE TAO OF IGOR, and this year’s postcard (along with any stretch-goal goodies). (20 of 20 left)
8) $500 PLEDGE LEVEL: gets you the postcard, the button, the PDFs, the Tao of Igor, and BOTH the Gelatinous Cube plushie and the original Munchkin card art (along with any stretch-goal goodies)! (10 or 10 remaining)
9) $1,000 PLEDGE LEVEL: you (or a friend, or a pet, etc.) will be drawn into a Dork Tower comic strip. I will work with you on a concept that is appropriate and specific to you! You also get the original art, as well as a piece of Munchkin art, the current postcard, the pdfs and the badge (along with any stretch-goal goodies). (3 of 3 remaining)
10) $2,000 PLEDGE LEVEL: you (or a friend, or a pet, etc.) will become an official MUNCHKIN card! I’ll work with you on designing the card, and you’ll get 25 copies of the card for yourself, along with the original art. These cards will also be given out by Steve Jackson Games, at various conventions world-wide. You also get a piece of Munchkin art, the current postcard, the pdfs and the badge (along with any stretch-goal goodies). (3 of 3 left)
11) $3,000 PLEDGE LEVEL: I will paint a cartoon portrait of you, and/or your family (up to five members), and/or your pets, either digitally (for use on cards, etc.) or physical (acrylics on 16” x 20” stretched canvas). You also get a piece of Munchkin art, the current postcard, the pdfs and the badge (along with any stretch-goal goodies). (1 of 2 remaining)
12) $4,000 PLEDGE LEVEL: This is the corporate sponsorship level! I will ride in your company’s t-shirt or biking jersey, plug your company in every bike ride update leading up to (and after) the ride itself, and you will get two months of advertising on the Dork Tower web site (1.5 million page views per year, and growing) featuring (should you wish) the Dork Tower characters plugging whatever you’d like plugged. Your company logo will also run on the Dork Tower website for a year. You can run these ads elsewhere, and will receive any original art I create for them (Dork Storm Press retains the right to refuse inappropriate material). You also get a piece of Munchkin art, the current postcard, the pdfs and the badge (along with any stretch-goal goodies). (1 of 1 remaining)
Oh, and if you’re also a Dork Tower Patreon supporter, or have backed The Tao of Igor Kickstarter, and back this ride…you will also receive 2023 Army of Dorkness M*A*S*H button! Here’s a sample of the 2022 badge, with Kayleigh:
What would this drive be, without stretch goals?
- $5,000 – PASSED! All physical rewards backers will receive a bonus Insane Charity Bike Ride 2023 sticker.
- $10,000 – All physical rewards backers will receive a bonus Insane Charity Bike Ride 2023 Munchkin card!
- $15,000 – a new celebrity limerick penned by a super-secret surprise guest, which I will illustrate.
- $20,000 – I again will ride with a plush Duck of Doom strapped to my helmet. (Don’t lie – this is the one you were waiting for…)
- $20,000+ – more stretch goals (and more ducks) to be announced if and when we hit the others.
Anyway, there you have it. INSANE CHARITY BIKE RIDE 2023. Help farmers get fresh food to local low-income families. Or simply do it to force a duck (or possibly two) upon my head. Your choice.