Here we go again! It’s time for INSANE CHARITY BIKE RIDE 2017!
With your help and generosity, over the last four years, we’ve raised a lot of money, helping local families get healthy food direct from local farmers!
This year my personal goal is to raise $12,500, celebrating five years of this biking goofiness, and 20 years of
Dork Tower! So, if you help support this fun/great cause, you can also get swag. SWAG!
- $1+ – You get my eternal thanks, and a 20th ANNIVERSARY DORK TOWER THANK-YOU COMIC STRIP once this is all done! Every little bit helps! Literally!
- $5+ – Everything above, plus a pdf of a DORK TOWER “DORK DECADE” TRADE PAPERBACK, and bothCHARITY COLORING BOOKS, “Embrace the Squee” and “There once was a Mallard named Mike” (which include limericks by Neil Gaiman and Pat Rothfuss)!
- $25+ – Everything above, plus an official SIGNED MUNCHKIN CARITY POSTCARD, which lets you start a game of Munchkin at 3rd level, and an ARMY OF DORKNESS “PRIVATE” BUTTON.
- $50+ – Everything above, plus a limited-edition DORK TOWER 20th ANNIVERSARY MINI-PRINT, and an ARMY OF DORKNESS “CORPORAL” BUTTON.
- $100+ – Everything above, plus a limited-edition DORK TOWER 20th ANNIVERSARY CLOISONNÉ PIN and an ARMY OF DORKNESS “SERGEANT” BUTTON.
- $250+ – Everything above, plus ORIGINAL CARD ART FROM MUNCHKIN SHAKESPEARE! I don’t sell original Munchkin art: the only way to get some is through a charity campaign just like this one! Munchkin Shakespeare has some of my very favorite art in it, and I’ll only be sending out the good stuff. Again: this is the only way to get original Munchkin art of your own!
- $500+ (Limited to 5) – Everything above, plus at the GAMEHOLE CON PLUSHIE COLLECTION (the Owlbear, Bullette and (when released) Mimic) I designed, the BOBBLEHEAD DUCK I designed for the Madison Mallards, and an ARMY OF DORKNESS “LIEUTENANT” BUTTON. (USA only at the moment – we’re figuring out overseas postage now)
- $1,000+ (Limited to 3) – Everything above, plus a GUEST-STARRING ROLE in an upcoming Dork Tower comic strip, along with the original art of the strip. I’ll work with you to create something you’ll really love. It can be you, your store, a loved one, a product – heck, even a pet. This is for charity! (If it’s for a store, or a product, permission may be granted for you to use the strip for your advertising purposes).
Here’s the main thing
you monsters people are interested in, though:
- If we hit $7,500 in donations, I will again wear the Plush Tentacles for the entirety of the ride. 58 miles. EEEK!
- If we hit the $12,500 goal, I (groan) again will do the ride with the STUPID STUPID DUCK OF DOOM ON MY HEAD.
- And if we pass $12,500? STRETCH-GOALS! There’s some fun stuff lined up, and everyone will get in on the bonuses, that’s for sure. I already promised someone I’d wear two ducks on the off-chance we hit $20,000.
A few notes:
- As before, I will also try to hit a convention at the non-US country that represents best: 2016 it was the U.K; 2015, Canada. I made it to cons in both countries the next year. Can Germany win this year? It’s come close before!
- 10 donors below the $250 level will again be chosen at random to receive original Munchkin art.
- Army of Dorkness buttons will entitle you to Dork Store discounts, once we get that up and running, along with con-meet-ups, and the like. Look, we’re still working on this. But right now, if you get three “Private” buttons, you can swap those in to be promoted to “Corporal.” Three “Corporals” will get you a “Sergeant,” and three “Sergeants” a “Lieutenant.” There will be more ranks added. There is a method to this madness.
- I’m gonna try and use all the lessons learned in the past to get everything out and to people by Christmas! I’m working on some of the swag now!
- Even if you can’t pledge, you can spread the word! Everything helps, really. I can’t emphasize that enough.
SO PLEDGE AWAY! Let’s do good! And here we go again!
You guys are the greatest, and I literally couldn’t do this without you!