KublaCon seriously rocks.
A few highlights.
* Anyone see this week’s Pyramid strip (sorry – you have to subscribe to Pyramid to see this)? Well, Judith beat me (and others) BOTH at the Dork Tower board game (she played Ken. I played Carson. I only died once), and also at Poker.
* Our Hotel Elevator’s instructions in case of emergency: (1) Do not become alarmed; (2) Push the ALARM button.
* Hanging out with James Ernest and Peter Adkison.
* Not losing any money to James at Poker (by basically making sure I didn’t play him – grin)
* Meeting some real cool DT readers.
* Knowing MOST of the answers to the DT Trivia contest.
* Having Sushi with the KublaCon gurus, Japji and Anthony and others.
* Having a wonderful Q&A seminar as my last con activity before running to catch a plane.
I’m real happy to be home again, but if anyone ever wants to go to a a great con in a great area, I can’t speak highly enough of KublaCon.
Has anybody lost a peacock?
Because, there’s, like, this bloody great peacock in our back yard chomping away at the birdfood.
Peacocks, by the way, are NOT native to the State of Wisconsin.
More’s the pity.
Did I mention that there’s a bloody great peacock in our back yard?