I’m in full-blown panic mode right now, what with all the work I’ve got to do before I leave for Vienna piled up in front of me.
I did manage to get some art done for Hannover Spielt!, though. I won’t be at the con, but the Lovely and Talented Judith and I were there a few years ago. It’s one of the most fun small cons I’ve ever been to, and I made quite a few friends there, so I went ahead and did up an image for the organizers that I’ll be posting at the end of this Rambling. (It’s kinda a visual pun, since the German word for “eleven” and “elf” are the same (or so I’m told)).
I also managed to clean Wolfgang J. Gerbil’s cage at last, giving his Habitrail wheels and penthouses (affectionately known as his “sky potties”) a good scrubbing, so at least the little guy is taken care of.
I also finished off a piece for this Friday’s Pyramid Online that I’m really proud of. Not saying what it is, but I think this entire issue of Pyramid will be a very special treat for subscribers!
Still, before I fly out Thursday, I need to:
* Come up with a new logo for an Out of the Box Games line
* Get Dork Tower 27 off to press
* Get the reprints of “Livin’ La Vida Dorka” and “Heart of Dorkness” off to press
* Get the ‘toons done for Dragon and Scrye magazines
* Get a backlog done for the online strips (today’s strip will be up shortly)
* Do two edit cartoons
* Finish off the taxes (all hail the Lovely and Talented Judith who’s done most of this already, despite the fact that she hates it as much as I do)
* Wrap some birthday presents for one of my best friends
* Finish off the Munchkin in a Blender card art that I’ve been sent so far
There’s probably stuff I’m missing that will come to me in a second. And if I manage all the above, there’s still a ton of less urgent errands and projects and contacts that I need to take care of. But getting this list done will at least keep most of the immediate stuff off my mind while back in Europe.
In the meantime, I’ll probably be responding less to people in the next few days than I’d like to. Such — I guess — is life.
So, there you have it: my mind’s a pinball-like mess, and I’m a full-blown “cartoon ’til your fingers are numb” workaholic drone at the moment. If people want to post anything thoughts/good news/items they have that they think will make me happy (or at lest less insane), please do so now!
Take a note from Ian Dury, and give me your Reasons To Be Cheerful (part III). Or post someplace I should visit in Vienna or Prague. And if you can’t do that, then at least let me know what you think of the casting of the Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy movie. Grin.
PS. Here’s that Hannover image: